When I run below activity, I get an exception. I've wrapped the exception
in an AlertDialog. Here's what the dialog shows.
*      null
      null
      null
      java.lang.NullPointerException
*
Where do I even START looking for a problem?
I've commented-out everything I can think of and the exception still
happens.
arrrrrgggghhhh!
I'm a newbie and I'm stumped!
Here's the Activity
AlertDialog marked with "">>"

import android.os.Bundle;
import android.app.Activity;
import android.app.AlertDialog;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.view.Menu;
import android.view.View;
import android.view.View.OnClickListener;
import android.widget.Button;
public class EncDocRetrieve extends Activity {
      Button retrieveDoc;
      //EditText DocName;
      @Override
            super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
            try {
                  setContentView(R.layout.activity_enc_doc_retrieve);
                  retrieveDoc = (Button) findViewById(R.id.btnRetrieveDoc);
                  retrieveDoc.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {
                        @Override
                        public void onClick(View v) {
                              //DocName = (EditText)
findViewById(R.id.edtextDocUserName);
                              Intent intent = new
Intent(EncDocRetrieve.this,
                                          DecryptKeyGet.class);

//intent.putExtra(android.content.Intent.EXTRA_TEXT, DocName
                              //            .getText().toString());
                              startActivity(intent);
                        }
                  });
>>          } catch (Exception e) {
>>                AlertDialog.Builder dialog = new
AlertDialog.Builder(this);
>>                dialog.setTitle("Opps Exception");
>>                String err = e.getLocalizedMessage() + "\n" +
e.getCause() + "\n"  + e.getMessage() + "\n" + e.toString();
>>                dialog.setMessage(err);
>>                dialog.setNeutralButton("Cool", null);
>>                dialog.create().show();
            }
      }
      @Override
      public boolean onCreateOptionsMenu(Menu menu) {
            getMenuInflater().inflate(R.menu.activity_enc_doc_retrieve,
menu);
            return true;
      }
}