HI,

(I had posted this question in platform, but didn't get any response, so
posting here)

I want to display TYPE_SYSTEM_DIALOG from a service:
snapshot of code:
popup.getWindow().setType(
WindowManager.LayoutParams.TYPE_SYSTEM_DIALOG);
popup.show();

Basically I am finding a way to display dialog without an activity. I found
that TYPE_SYSTEM_DIALOG could be a way. But the dialog doesn't show up and
there is no error. The same code with normal dialog using an activity shows
up, but not system dialog from service.
My service can be a system service(system app).
So my question is:
- what permissions do I need to set ?
- is there anything else I need to do ? or call ?
- anything i would be missing which is needed for TYPE_SYSTEM_DIALOG

thank you.