Hello,

I have been searching for some time and I can't find a detailled
tutorial on how to easily record and then read audio on the emulator
under eclipse. I have found these steps:

- You have to install a virtual sd card with mksdcard.exe 1024M
sdimg.iso

-then run the emulator : emulator.exe -sdcard
sdimg.iso                        //where sdimg.iso it is the path to
the sdcard

-then run adb.exe : adb push local_file sdcard/remote_file

-then you should put : <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO"></uses-permission> in
the androidmanifest.xml

-then there is some code to implement which should look like :
private void startRecord() {

           recorder = new MediaRecorder();
            recorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.MIC);  //ok so
I say audio source is the microphone, is it windows/linux microphone
on the emulator?
            recorder.setOutputFormat(MediaRecorder.OutputFormat.THREE_GPP);
            recorder.setAudioEncoder(MediaRecorder.AudioEncoder.AMR_NB);
            recorder.setOutputFile("/sdcard/test.3gpp");

            recorder.prepare();
            recorder.start();

                }

-then you should stop with : recorder.stop(); // at some point (I have
no idea when and where to decide to stop but I haven't searched yet)

-then you should play it.

I have also heard about :
http://code.google.com/intl/fr/android/reference/emulator.html#sdcard
in this page of the manual (~1/4 of the total scroll), there are some
informations about "Emulator Startup Options", one of them is about
Media  -audio <backend>
I couldn't find much about that backend thing, google didn't said much
about it. I still don't know if it's important to the audio recording
process.

The fact is all these steps are pretty blurry to me, and I believe I
am not the only android newbie trying to record some sound :)

Anyone knows where we can find a complete tutorial "for dummies"
teaching this feature?

Any help is of course greatly appreciated

Thanks.