Yeah I'm still having this issue, can anyone help? any ideas? Here is my
new updated code:

     String server = settings.getString("server", "");
     String user = settings.getString("username", "");
     String passwd = settings.getString("passwd", "");
     webview = new WebView(this);
     WebSettings webSettings = webview.getSettings();
     webSettings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
     webview.setWebViewClient(new InsideWebViewClient());
     setContentView(webview);
     String credUrl =
"http://"+server+"/services.php?sname=LoginService&isapp=true&username="+user+"&rawpassword="+passwd;
     //CookieSyncManager.createInstance(webview.getContext());
     //CookieSyncManager.getInstance();
     CookieManager cookieManager = CookieManager.getInstance();
     cookieManager.setAcceptCookie(true);
     webview.loadUrl(credUrl);
     String rawCookie = cookieManager.getCookie(server);
     mes(rawCookie);
     /*while(rawCookie == null){
    SystemClock.sleep(1000);
        rawCookie = cookieManager.getCookie(credUrl);
     }*/
     webview.loadUrl("http://"+server);

basically i just took out the cookie sync manager because it wasnt really
doing anything and put a while loop in "that is now commented out" that was
crashing the app :/