On Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:08:15 AM UTC-7, John Coryat wrote:

>> I don't deny that. But who cares about CPM? If you have the same amount
>> of C's and less M, the R has not increased, in all likelihood.
>>

> Well, I for one care about eCPM.

OK, but your previous comments said that it made a difference to the
*bottom line* and that's what I will question. eCPM is not the bottom line;
revenue is.

Do you disagree with the notion that you can actually get a higher eCPM and
actually get a lower rate of revenue?

eCPM $1.80, 10,000 impressions  = $18 in revenue.
eCPM $1.90, 9,000 impressions = $17.10 in revenue.

Anything wrong with that math?

> Ours is currently $2.43.

Good.

> If you have a better eCPM then perhaps you are right and I am wrong.

So the eCPM is more important than total revenue for the bragging rights
values.

On the other hand, there is no right or wrong, just different approaches.

I'm all for different approaches AND for analyzing them with the right
math.

Nathan