I want to create a global variable store for a list of user defined
objects.

I have a LinkedList of Feed (a user defined object) that I need to be
made available to a new Activity that is created.
This list is displayed using a ListView and so when an item of the
ListView is clicked, I need the correct Feed index to be 'passed' to
the new Activity.  I have no problem doing this as I create an Intent
and then pass the id of the selected row.
I need the new Activity to have access to the LinkedList of Feed
objects.

There are different ways to do this (explained here -
http://code.google.com/android/kb/framework.html).
I want to use the option (quoted from link above):
The android.app.Application class
The android.app.Application is a base class for those who need to
maintain global application state. It can be accessed via
getApplication() from any Activity or Service. It has a couple of
life-
cycle methods and will be instantiated by Android automatically if
your register it in AndroidManifest.xml.

I want to use the above method as I could then fill the LinkedList at
application start and then use it throughout without any duplicates
etc.

Does anyone know how the android.app.Application class can be used as
a global variable store that can be accessed from other classes?
I cannot find any more information on this method of passing
information between Activities within a single application.  Any
information regarding passing user defined objects would be useful and
specifically how to get the above idea to work.

Cheers,
MB.