singleInstance.

Create a "history" machenism that stores the Intents this activity gets (it
will get the first in onCreate and the rest on onNewIntent) so you'd be
able to re-create the history of the requests.

Do notice that in either case, if your map activity is part of some chain
of activities, you'll have a hard time maintaining the activity stack you
want.