On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:54:30 PM UTC-6, Ian wrote:

> Did those who received this email ever made DMCA copyright infringement
> notices to websites hosting/linking their apps illegaly?
> I did, several times. And now we've got this email; it may be related.

I've sent DMCA notices, and I got the email, but I'm not sure how the two
could be related. I didn't sent the DMCA notices to Google, after all, but
to quasi-legal hosting sites (that often follow the letter of the law by
taking down the content in question at the link you report, but not
actually deleting all copies of it). Well...unless the FBI seized the
servers of one or more of those sites, and found records of those DMCA
notices? Or they could have otherwise subpoenaed the email records.

Tim