No, you cannot change the country of an account, but you can set up a new
account with a new country and transfer all your apps there.  You will need
to submit a request to Google, but in my case, they transferred my apps in
literally 10 minutes after submitting the request.  I could not believe my
eyes.  So it's not like once you pick a country, you are stuck forever.