On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Archana <ramalingam.arch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, is there a way to get the timestamp of a file in the internal memory of
> phone?

java.io.File has methods for this (e.g., lastModified()).

> Or how do I compare latest of 2 files in 2 instances of the emulator?

Not by timestamp, as they may not be using the same clock. You will
need to compare the file lengths and, if equal, compare the file
contents.

Note that this has nothing in particular to do with Android -- this is
a generic Java programming issue.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in NYC: http://marakana.com/training/android/