I want to play device ringtones with MediaPlayer yet it seems when the
metadata tag

ANDROID_LOOP = true

is set MediaPlayer is ignoring the call of the method *setLooping*

mMediaPlayer.setLooping(false);

and loops the audio in any case. Also the onCompletionListener method is
not called.

I noticed that even audio apps like ES Media Player loop audios with this
tag set to true regardless if looping is enabled or not.

So my question is if I can

   - make MediaPlayer ignoring this tag
   - temporary modify the tag so that MediaPlayer does not loop the audio

This question arose around ringtones yet it is of course not ringtone
specific. Funnily the tutorials I found on how to play ringtones all set
mMediaPlayer.setLooping(true); so that they dont have to handle this
problem it seems ...

Thanks

martin