Hi William,

I just checked and the offending code actually still exists in the AOSP
master branch. If you feel strongly enough about it you may want to bring
it to the attention of the Android Building group, or one more specialized
toward the OS development, not just app development.

Just taking a quick look, that code also locks (via synchronized() block)
on WebViewCore.class, which is probably another no-no.

Chris