hi C2DM is now deprecated for new accounts. please do GCM integration. it
is similar to C2DM with few changes. yes u need a thrid party server for
testing to test push like urbanairship or similar or develope your own
server.
On Oct 12, 2012 1:52 PM, "Archana" <ramalingam.arch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I m new to C2DM. I would like to know more about the application server.
https://developers.google.com/android/c2dm/#server describes the role of
the server. Should I create a server application(using Java) ? We can use
university server also. But how can it initiate POST requests? And also let
me know if there is some example to communicate between 2 android phones.
Please guide me. Thanks!