I have the same question.

Dan, in the document you provided, in the section "Publishing
Localized Applications", the possibility is mentioned to "break
their .apk files apart into different builds for different groups of
languages".

The following suggestion is given:
"The easiest way to do this is to create a temporary folder in
Eclipse, move out the resource directories which you do not wish to
appear, rebuild the project, and then export an unsigned build as you
normally would.  Then move the resource directories back in."

Unfortunately, it seems Market does not accept multiple apks uploaded
in this way, because package names have to be unique (and applications
of different language share the same package name!).

So for now, we can only include all language versions in a single apk
and upload this. What would be the long-term solution here? Construct
different package names based on the localization? (may lead to
problems if the same content provider is used but several language
versions are installed on the same device).

I hope that the Market will allow to upload the same package for
different localizations, as well as allow for adding different,
localized titles and descriptions to applications.

Peli
www.openintents.org