Hi Romain,

If you don't mind, would you please describe how the implicit throttling
mechanism works, or, point to any documentation on it?

I think I am running into this, when my activities start, and the view is
being invalidated often, it is throttled it seems for a little while (5-10
seconds?).

After what seems to be an initial throttling, all is fine and I am seeing
good frame rates.

Some of my activities do a lot of of canvas drawing (using the HW
accelerated rendering) triggered by sensor updates, and since JB I believe
I've seen this throttling when the activity starts.  I'd love to avoid
this, while still getting 30fps+ when necessary.  I could be wrong but it
also seems the throttling is more prevalent/present if text is being drawn
using canvas.drawText, but have not yet dug deeper into experimenting and
figuring out how I can trigger or not trigger the throttling.

Adam