Hi,

We are developing a Ruby script to launch an Android emulator and then run
some calabash tests on it. The ruby script just executes a bunch of shell
commands:

PID = fork do
    Signal.trap("HUP") { puts "PROCESS ENDED"; exit }
    exec "emulator -avd TestDevice1"
end

fork {
  sleep(55)
  exec "adb shell input keyevent 82"
}

fork {
  sleep(60)
  exec "calabash-android run ~/MyApp/MyApp.apk"
  Process.Kill("HUP", PID)
}

The problem we are facing is:

Because the loading of the emulator takes some time, the Calabash tests may
fail if the emulator is not in a usable state. We are currently using sleep
with a hard coded value to get around this problem. This is not ideal.
Is there shell command to verify whether the emulator is ready?

Thanks
Sumeet