Is there a best/good way to go about cross-platform app development, like a
game, for Android and iOS simultaneously (and Mac OS X)?

Is there a bare-bones example?  I am looking into Unity, someone suggested
that on Stack Overflow.  I am OK with opening each project file separately
in its own IDE,  for example Xcode/ Eclipse.  But it would have to be in
the same language C/C++ to re-use source in all the targets.

Just to simply develop an app that uses OpenGL and C/C++ only should be
very simple, shouldn't it? As long as I didn't get into sound or even
interaction at first?

I looked into the NDK, but there are all these warnings about how people
shouldn't use it. I want to do everything myself as much as possible so I
have not looked into things like Cocos2D ... is there any tutorial which
just gets like an openGL "Hello World" going cross platform?

Thanks Bob