The services come from different APKs.

Best way to think about it is the main application does some processing
and an additional number of APKs can contain perform contributions to
that processing. For example, there may be many APKs each of which has a
particular stock trading prediction forumla, and a main APK has stock
price data, the main APK calls each of the strategy APKs with the stock
history content provider URI and each strategy APK can process the
history and do what it wants.

The strategy APKs may not come from one place and may be written by many
different companies (hence why they are seperate APKs)

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Al.

--
======