Hi,

I think you're rendering too many elements in your onDrawFrame -method.

    buffer.position(0);
    gl.glVertexPointer(2, GL10.GL_FLOAT, 0, buffer);
    gl.glDrawArrays(GL10.GL_POINTS, 0, counter);

Here counter seems to be number of values within buffer while you should render
only number of vertice elements. Meaning, if I read your source code correctly,
you should render counter/2 points (or line strip vertices).