The documentation says that OpenGL ES 1.1 support is "not complete".
Does this mean that if a method is provided it should work or that
some methods provided in the API don't work?

For example, I would like to be able to use some of the
GL_POINT_SPRITE_OES stuff. I have noticed that if you cast a GL10 to a
GL11 (casting doesn't throw an exception but I'm not sure if simply
casting between the two will actually work), you can call some
functions like glPointSizePointerOES() that don't exist under GL10.
Should I be able to assume these methods would work?