Hi,

I know the tutorial is old (2007) but I have been having trouble (Getting
GC_CONCURRENT in LogCat) update my TextView's text using a timer and timer
task implementation so I decided to give it a try.

I implemented it just the way you have but still I am getting GC_CONCURRENT
calls every time its called.

Could it be the way I am accessing and keeping a reference to the TextView
because when I get rid of that line there aren't any GC_CONCURRENT issues.

At the moment here is how I declare my TextView.

private TextView durationValueTxtView;

In onCreateView

this.durationValueTxtView = (TextView)
view.findViewById(R.id.durationValueLbl);

I then call this method in my runnable.

public void updateViewWithTrack(CCTrack track) {

    this.durationValueTxtView.setText("TIME");

}

Can anyone see anything wrong with what I'm doing?