On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Eric Wong (hdmp4.com)
<ericwon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone knows if it is possible to build an apk to allow the a
> non-Android 4.2 device to have Miracast capability?
> both as sender and receiver...

You cannot take screenshots in Android, which means you cannot stream
such screenshots using Miracast.

It may be possible to create an app that speaks Miracast over WiFi
Direct to consume content, or display things other than the contents
of the screen -- that's outside my area of expertise, and you have to
buy the specification
(http://www.wi-fi.org/wi-fi-certified-miracast%E2%84%A2).

(and the fact that they put a TM symbol in the cotton-pickin' URL
suggests that they have overly-aggressive legal counsel)

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Localized Android Question-and-Answer Sites: http://www.andglobe.com