Create a separate AsyncTask subclass for each different task that needs to
be done.

It is bad Java design to create one large AsyncTask subclass that handles
everything in your app. That would mean you'd have to create a large
'doInBackground' method (being able to handle all cases), possibly create a
large 'onPostExecute' as well, etc, and riddle your code with 'if'
statements or large 'switch' statements.

In the end, all your AsyncTask instances/objects, regardless which subclass
they actually are, are run on one 'global' system queue and 'global' pool
of threads. They all share it.

For executing a particular AsyncTask instance/object: You can execute an
AsyncTask instance/object only once (i.e. call 'execute' on the object only
once).

--- Anton.