I tried with different notification durations, but it didn't make any
difference. People still complained about the notifications. I have now
implemented ad solutions from startapp and appbrain. I am using their
solutions in some of my live wallpapers. These get around 1500 downloads
each day. I am only getting about 8$  from startapp and 2$ from appbrain
for all of these downloads. This is far too small, I got 300% better with
notification commercials.

But I can't use push ads, cause they cause bad reviews and decrease the
ratings. Does someone know a more effective way of monetizing live
wallpapers? Please contact me about this in that case, I want to cooperate
with a companies who have good solutions for this.