I have a question regarding how to get around the 5mb limit for sqllite in
phonegap. Most of the answers on Stack didn't meet my needs, so that's why
I'm asking this.

Basically, I'm wondering if you can split your data out into 2 databases
and have double the limit -10MB. This phonegap app will be on both Android
2.3+ and IOS 5+, so we can't make any assumptions on higher device-specific
limits. Also, we don't have the time to convert our code to use the SQLite
Phonegap plugin, which I know would otherwise be a solution.

Splitting the data into 2 DB's seems like the quick solution, but I'm not
sure if the embedded browser still looks at the TOTAL storage used for the
app in general.