Ali Ahmadi wrote:

> i [sic] made a android [sic] app, which works correctly.
> now i put some parts of my application into a library and as a jar file.
> now my code is not working
> i read some values through this command:
>
> suProcess = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("ls /sdcard/folder*'");
>
>       DataOutputStream oStream = new
> DataOutputStream(suProcess.getOutputStream());

The 'Process' output stream from an "ls" will not be a 'DataOutputStream'.

>       DataInputStream osRes = new
> DataInputStream(suProcess.getInputStream());

Likewise the input stream. "ls" is a text-oriented command.

>       DataInputStream errStream = new
> DataInputStream(suProcess.getErrorStream());

      if (null != oStream && null != osRes && null!= errStream)
>       {
>           while (errStream.available()>0)
>               errVal += errStream.readLine();
>           while (osRes.available()>0)
>               retval = osRes.readLine();
>       }
>
> but nothing would return as output.
> why this happens just when i use jar file?

Did you set up the project that generates the JAR as an "Android library
project"?
http://developer.android.com/tools/projects/index.html#LibraryProjects

Did you "create a /libs directory within your Android project directory and
copy the JAR file to that directory"?
http://mobile.tutsplus.com/tutorials/android/jar-for-android/

Did you google for an answer?

--