Hi,

This is one of the worst things of Android development ever. I am facing
similar problems, also most of them with SGSIII, getting OOM crashes with
no apparent reason. I have run the app in several different actual devices,
also different emulator instances, one of them trying to fit as closed as
possible the SGSIII settings. I have reduced heap consumption to the
minimal, but I am still getting these annoying errors.

Now I am considering to buy an SGSIII actual device to test it, but this is
not an option in most of the cases, and it is not clear if this will solve
this problem -may be only some SGSIII are affected, and the one I bought is
not one of them-.

I released a new version of my app last Friday with disastrous results due
to this problem -thousands of uninstalls-. I have did my best since them
improving a lot memory use, writting code for actively recycle bitmaps when
they are not needed and thinks like that, with excellent results (in an
emulator instance with same resolution, density and VM heap budget than
SGS3, I got now a 40% less of peak memory consumption than before). And it
is really frustrating to see that crashes continues after all that effort.

We need "something" to fight these problems.

Bests,