sure - here's the xml and the code.

again works fine under platform 11 compilation.

    <TextView
    android:id="@+id/alternate2"
    android:gravity="center_horizontal"
    android:layout_width="wrap_content"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"
    android:layout_alignParentBottom="true"
       android:layout_marginBottom="65dip"
    android:textSize="18sp"
    android:text=""
    />

            TextView tv = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.alternate2);

i've got another findViewByid() in the next line and it works fine.

and i do not dynamically remove the element either.