thanks for all your replies!

I think using metadata on the manifest file is the only way of doing this:

I have tried to get the metadata stored in the AndroidManifest.xml

My manifest file is the one below:

 *XML:*  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
      package="org.android.androidapp"
      android:versionCode="1"
      android:versionName="1.0.0">
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label=
"@string/app_name">
android:name="org.android.androidapp.webURL"
android:value="http://www.google.com"/>
        <activity android:name=".App"
                  android:label="@string/app_name">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
    </application>
</manifest>

and the code in my onCreate() is the one below:

 *Java:*        ComponentInfo ci = new ComponentInfo();

        PackageManager pm = getPackageManager();

        XmlResourceParser myParser = ci.loadXmlMetaData(pm,
"org.android.androidapp.webURL");

Unfortunately, the myParser value gets a null value...

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Please help, this is urgent..

I also tried the following:

 *Java:*  Bundle b = ci.metaData;

but this also returns null...

Whats the correct syntax of things for me to get the metadata value (the
webUrl stored in my metadata)

any help would be highly appreciated!!