hello to all!

I'm writing an lpr client on *android *to send files (PDF, doc, etc) to a
printer (hp laser-jet 4250dtn)

The printer is on a server (the sever in unix to  that's why I'm using lpr)
Everything is all right and I indeed managing to open the socket, sending
the control file (according to RFC 1179) and sending the file itself.

the file is getting to the printer "queue".

My problem is when I want to print the file from the printer, it's comes
out wrong and not understandable at all (can't see any text just weird
symbols).

My question is what file type shout I give or make (change the file to
postscript??) in order that the printer will understand me? Or am I doing
anything else wrong??

          i should say that i'm not rendering the file in any way just a
simple pdf file is sent (according to the path).

           thanks!!