Hi All,

I am trying to implement Yahoo Instant Messenger in Android platform.
I have downloaded jYMSG JAR file and
used that jar file with my sample application in Android.

I have followed the following procedure for login

---------------------------------
private
void login() {
  yahooMessengerSession = new Session();
  mySessionListener = new MySessionListener(this);
  yahooMessengerSession.addSessionListener(mySessionListener);
  String usrName = userName.getText().toString();
  String pword = password.getText().toString();
  try
  {
      if(usrName.equals(null) || pword.equals(null)){
           Log.e("YahooClient", "User name or password empty");
     } else {
           Log.i("YahooClient", "Trying to login");
           yahooMessengerSession.login(usrName, pword);
      }
   } catch(IOException e1) {
           Log.e("YahooClient", "login: IOException");
           e1.printStackTrace();
   }
}
---------------------------------

But I am getting following exception,

-------------------------------
java.net.UnknownHostException: scs.msg.yahoo.com - scs.msg.yahoo.com
-------------------------------

with following stack trace:

--------------------------------------
java.net.InetAddress.lookupHostByName(InetAddress.java:457)
java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:287)
java.net.Socket.<init> (Socket.java:140)
org.openymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.open
(DirectConnectionHandler.java:95)
org.openymsg.network.Session.openSession(Session.java:2865)
org.openymsg.network.Session.login(Session.java:292)
--------------------------------------

If use this library in simple Java application in PC, I could
successfully login and send messages to other yahoo accounts.
I could successfully ping scs.msg.yahoo.com

The above two shows that there there is no problem with either yahoo
server or jYMSG library.
It is having problems in using in Android, I guess.

I am absolutely struck with this and I could not make any progress
from here. Could you please help out in solving this problem?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks