2013/1/15 G. Blake Meike <blake.me...@gmail.com>:
> I should think that would be pretty easy to do with an IntentService:  There
> is only one job running at any time.  Just interrupt the thread or flag the
> job.

IntentService uses HandlerThread for its implementation.

Even though there can be at most one task (intent) running on the
handler thread, there may be multiple tasks (intents) in the handler
thread's event queue.

In theory, those would also need to be considered when canceling a
task (intent).

-- K