Hi
I would also like to know if that is possible have tried a number of
solutions without success. Have managed to Receive incoming sms but
outgoing is still a difficulty for me.

Would be grate if there where some sort of ACTION_NEW_OUTGOING_SMS
(Broadcast Action: An outgoing sms is about to be sent) like the
ACTION_NEW_OUTGOING_CALL that I use to monitor, modify, and abort
outgoing calls.

The Intent will have the receivers phone numbers attached and once the
broadcast is finished, the "resultData" is used as the actual number
to send the SMS to.

Then we can implement an BroadcastReceiver abort an SMS like

//Abort SMS
setResultData(null);

Suggested Permissions
You must hold the PROCESS_OUTGOING_SMS  permission to receive this
Intent.

...Until something like this is included in the API does anyone know a
work around?

Best Regards
/Oscar A
http://drunkblocker.appspot.com