On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM, dashman <erjdri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm at the initial stages of writing an app which will need a database.
>
> 1. can android databases be created on windows - i.e. populated.

Yes, sqlite will work on Windows.

> 2. where are these files stored on the device.

In an app specific directory

> 3. can an app read multiple database files - e.g. all database files stored
> in a specific folder.

Yes, you can write an sqlite helper which will open multiple database files.

> 4. is there an app out there (in the store) that'll allow users to edit any
> standard database file.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.sqleditor&hl=en

would be the top result from "sqlite editor android"

SQLite is the dominant database system on Android: it sounds like it
fits your purposes well.  It stores database information as a file,
which can be edited, sent, etc..

Kris