Hi,

There's a free application called "Android UI Patterns" on Play Market you can
use to try out many of the open source UI implementations for Android. In your
case "ViewPager & Tabbar" is maybe the most interesting part of the application
in which you can find horizontal scrolling implementations.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groidify.uipatterns

AFAIK it's not exactly trivial to implement this yourself at first but taking a
look on these open source projects most definitely helps.