*In earlier versions of Android (API level 8-10 I think):*
If I create my own ListView style with the listSelector attribute set to my
own custom state list drawable in my styles.xml file, then I am able to see
my custom colours when a list item is pressed, focused, etc.,
including in spinner dialogs.

*In later versions of Android (I have tested API levels 16 and 17):*
I see my custom list selector colours in some list views, but not in the
ones that appear in *spinner dialogs*. Do I need to do something special to
use my custom  ListView style in spinner dialogs?.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have spent ages try lots of
different style attributes with no luck.

Thanks.

---
"Android Developers" group.