On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Brad Fuller <bradallenful...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Disconnect <dc.disconn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Install jf's 1.41-rc33. http://andblogs.net/tag/jf
>>
>> It is signed with test keys -and- its a full install instead of a patch, so
>> no perquisites.
>
> Has anyone tried this on their devphone? I only have one devphone so
> I'm reluctant to try.

I did it and it seems to work. I commented on the site on the procedure I used:

Ok, I found out why I couldn't load the update package, I didn't have
the right sequence. It is:
1. Rename file that you would like to update to "update.zip"
2. Copy to SD card. Make sure you unmount from your PC so it'll copy
completely over.
3. Turn off G1
5. Power back on holding down END_CALL+Home+Back keys. You'll have to
hold it down until it responds.
6. When icon screen appears, Hold down Alt-L. You will get a list of
operations to perform.
7 - You might have to delete your User Data by selecting Alt-W. I had
to do this to prevent the Android icon from hanging when rebooting.
Unfortunatley, all user data is gone. If you are using ATT, you'll
have to add your APN again.
8. Hold down Alt-S to load update. This will take a minute. A list of
operations will be shown. WAIT until it says to Press Home+Back to
reboot.
9. After loading, Hold down Home+Back keys. It'll reboot a couple of times.

That should be it.

--
Brad Fuller