Hi, I am doing this using the following method:

- Declare int constants which will be unique to each button
- After initializing button variables via findViewById, use
View#setTag to set the unique ID to that button, and the
onClickListener to 'this'
- Declare another int variable which will hold the current state
(mState in the example below)

- Implement the OnClickListener method in the following way:
Integer id = (Integer) view.getTag();
mState = id;
switch (id) {

case BUTTON_1:
        //do stuff
        break;

case BUTTON_2:
        //do more stuff
        break;
}

- Create the menu as normal in onCreateMenuOptions
- In onPrepareMenuOptions (which is called each time the menu will be
shown), do something like this:

switch (mState) {

      case BUTTON_1:
              //hide/show certain menu groups/items