I have a properly functioning service that registers a
locationlistener for GPS updates.  It's registered to wake up every 30
mins (even if the object moved 0 meters).

The problem is that everytime the screen wakes up (from standby), it
fires the onStatusChanged, followed by onLocationChanged regardless
how much time has passed since the last GPS fix.

Also, my LocationManager registers this in service's onCreate() and
removes it on onDestoy() and I'm not destroying and re-creating my
service.

Any ideas why would LocationListener's callbacks wake up outside its
scheduled time?

Thx