It just clicked what my problem was, I used:
file = new File(CurDir, startFile);
instead of:
file = new File(startFile);
because I just copied and pasted. I was going to reply I used the exact
same code from opening inside the app, which made me think and backtrack my
code. Thank you for helping me find this.

On Thursday, March 7, 2013 2:24:18 PM UTC-6, Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM, TWProgrammers
> <ip.pro...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
> > My app shows in the list for text files, I launch the file from a file
> > manager such as ES File Explorer or IO File Manager: I click the file in
> the
> > file manager at /mnt/sdcard/test.txt, the app list shows up, I click my
> app,
> > it says it could not find /mnt/sdcard/mnt/sdcard/test.txt
>
> Apparently there is a bug in your Java code where you are opening the
> file.
>
> --
> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
> http://commonsware.com | http://github.com/commonsguy
> http://commonsware.com/blog | http://twitter.com/commonsguy
>
> _The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 4.6 Available!

---
"Android Developers" group.