I have selected the Text within a Webview. Once I typed the Word on
Edittext Box then If i Clicked Search Button it will search the specific
word within a Webview. After Searching the word, It will Highlight the
specific selected text within a webview by using some color.

It works fine in Android Emulator, versions are 2.2 and 4.0.3 but not
working in Android Tablet version, 4.0.4.

My code :-

    Method m = WebView.class.getMethod("setFindIsUp", Boolean.TYPE);
    m.invoke(wv, true);

It is working in 2.2 Android Emulator but not in Android Tablet, version is
4.0.4.

So, I tried this way, See below Code :-

Because, In android 4.0.3, seems the "setFindIsUp" is a private method. So
above code won't work. As getMethod() method won't return the private
methods. Following is a work-around to call the private method which works
for 4.0.3.

     for(Method m : WebView.class.getDeclaredMethods())
         {
 if(m.getName().equals("setFindIsUp"))
         {
 m.setAccessible(true);
 m.invoke(wv, true);
 break;
         }
 }

This method is also not Working in Android Tablet Version, 4.0.4.

Why it is not highlighting the Selected Text in Android 4.0.4 Version in a
Tablet?

Whats the reason for this ? Kindly can anyone tell me ?

kindly anyone suggest me how to make this working on Tablet ?

Any help/ suggestions would be highy appreciated, thanks !

---
"Android Developers" group.