You can have an activity started at boot by doing the following:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" />

<receiver
    android:name=".BootReceiver"
    android:enabled="true"
    android:exported="true"
    android:label="BootReceiver">
    <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
    </intent-filter></receiver>

public class BootReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver {

public void onReceive(Context context) {

context.startActivity(new Intent(context, SomeActivity.class));

}

}

On Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:22:44 PM UTC-4, J4ckkn1fe wrote:

Is there anyway to make an app run at startup and open a locked browser,
> user cannot minimize it or close. The said phone would not have any other
> apps everything would be run through the website. Also the phone
> wouldn't receive calls. You can compare the functionality I want to achieve
> to that of the itouch. Except everything would be ran through a website. Is
> this possible with android if I heavily modded it?

---
"Android Developers" group.