VideoView is just a convenience for manipulating a ViewHolder and a
MediaPlayer.  It's educational to find it's source and study it a bit.

MediaPlayer is just a kind of remote control for the native media
components deep inside android (e.g. stagefright).

The problems you're seeing are likely not a problem with VideoView or
MediaPlayer, but the stuff deep inside Android, or maybe even the
particular device you're working with.

Doug

On Monday, April 22, 2013 3:43:43 AM UTC-7, A_User wrote:

> I am writing an application for playing HLS video stream using android
> VideoView component.
> My HLS video stream is variable bit rate video stream varing from 200KBps
> to 2 Mbps.
>
> Issue is that When VideoView switches video stream from 200 KBps to 700
> Kbps (Or from any low bitrate stream to high bitrate video stream) my video
> becomes green or garbage and never recovers, Also sometimes my video gets
> freeze and I can only hear audio progressing and in this case also video
> never recovers.
>
> Is this known issue with VideoView?
> Has anybody faced this kind of issues with VideoView.
>
> When I test same code on android Jelly bean then every thing works
> properly.

---
"Android Developers" group.