You are right about the strictMode. I disable this and the app was not sent
a no responding message after that! But the problem wasn't fixed after
that! I am testing the app in Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with Android Gingebird
2.3.3. Did you succeed to reproduce the problem? I mean did you manage to
start the activity and the photos weren't downloaded properly. Also i have
created a post in stackOverflow which is the following.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16108878/developer-android-com-training-bitmapfun-project

it also worth 50bounty. If you find the answer post it there!

Thanks a lot for your help and your interest!

---
"Android Developers" group.