Hi all,

Currently I am developing an app which can record stereo audio. For this
purpose I use the AudioRecord class, which I initialize as follows:

recorder = new AudioRecord(AudioSource.CAMCORDER,
8000, AudioFormat.CHANNEL_IN_STEREO, AudioFormat.ENCODING_PCM_16BIT,
BufferSize);

And read with:

recorder.read(sData, 0, BufferSize);

where sData is a short array: short sData[] = new short[BufferElements2Rec];
and int BufferSize = 2048;

This works great with a Galaxy S2, then the even samples of sData[] form
one channel and the odd samples are the other channel. However, with a LG
Nexus 4, the two recorded channels are exactly the same. In fact, on the
Nexus, I can not access the top microphone at all, not even in MONO. I have
tried all possible values for AudioSource, with no luck. I assume that
somewhere in the Galaxy S2 the top microphone is linked to the CAMCORDER
source and that this is not the case for the Nexus 4. How can I get around
this?
Thanks for any help.

---
"Android Developers" group.