I am connected to  a seperate Web server implemented in java that basically
handles all the requests we send through a webview.

At the moment i am using gmail to test if i can send the
login/authentication request to our webserver and let our web server pass
this request to google or whoever and get the response and sends it back to
the client.

With current api's i cant see how i can intercept all http requests made
inside a webview, only cat intercept URL hyperlink calls made by a user
interacting with a website.

Not all interactions in a website are standard URL hyperlinks, some run JS
etc so android's current webview API cant intercept this. It can in theory
intercept the resources loaded but that only gives me a URL and a webview.
It doesnt give me the headers that were used in the request, request body?
request type etc. These are the variables i will need to pass to our web
server who will use all these to login and authenticate us.

Thanks

On Monday, June 24, 2013 4:20:50 PM UTC+1, Lew wrote:

> You can solve this more easily using a proxy tool like Charles.
>
> This is the sort of thing usually not done from inside the app but to test
> the app.
> Yes, there are apps whose main job is to handle HTTP, and they're the
> exception,
> but most apps want to rely on HTTP, not manage it. So as Kristopher
> indicated, it's
> a matter of what your use case is.
>
> For most situations where I've seen a need for the data you requested,
> it's been
> proper to use an external tool to get at the HTTP innards.
>
> --
> Lew
>
> On Monday, June 24, 2013 7:07:57 AM UTC-7, Kristopher Micinski wrote:
>>
>> Not as far as I know: there is no such mechanism through the API.  I
>> haven't checked what you can get access to if you use reflection,
>> though I also doubt you can do many tricks there either.  I don't know
>> much about WebKit internals, so I'm not sure if this is something that
>> would be possible.
>>
>> However, maybe we could help if you better explain your use case.  Are
>> you trying to (e.g.,) make sure no bad AJAX code runs from a webpage
>> you loaded in your app?
>>
>> Kris
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 5:48 AM, jricha...@googlemail.com
>> <jricha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > is there a way to get request and response objects from a webview?
>> >
>> > for requests made from some webpage running in my webview, i want to
>> > intercept the full http request object(the headers, http method used,
>> http
>> > body etc) and divert and send across that request into another channel.
>> >
>> > For responses received from the webview, i want to do the same and get
>> the
>> > object and its properties.
>> >
>> > So far i have looked at the webviewClient android class which allows
>> you to
>> > intercept url links executed by a webpage and intercept the resources
>> it
>> > loads.
>> >
>> > However, what i want to intercept, is any actual http requests the
>> webpage
>> > makes. is this possible in Android webview?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > --
>> > --
>> > ---