I am going through the steps for Alpha testing an app on GooglePlay for the
first time. This morning, I uploaded an APK to the Alpha Test tab of the
Developer Console and "Published" the app. (My understanding is that
because I have not uploaded any APK to the Production tab, the App is still
hidden from the general public. IMO, Google over-uses the word "publish" in
ways that can create confusion. So please correct me if I'm wrong about
this.)

I added an Alpha Test Google Group, and sent them the app Url. One tester
went there right away. One or two steps after starting the process, she got
a dialog asking to choose 'Browser' or 'Play Store'. After choosing 'Play
Store,' She got an accurate Store Front page, and was able to look it over
for several minutes. The app wasn't available for download, but I was
warned it could take a few hours, so this was expected.

Now, a few hours later, she goes through the same steps, but when she gets
to the Store Front page, it only stays up for a few seconds, then vanishes.
This happens every time. I've followed all the steps carefully, but now
Alpha testing seems completely blocked. Can anyone help with this, or tell
me what is going on?

---
"Android Developers" group.