Folks,
any suggestion on why I am receiving "REQUEST_DENIED" xml response when I
use the google direction API web services from my android code. Nothing
fancy here:-
 String hosturl="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/directions/xml?";;
String url = "origin=" +lat1 + " " + lon1  + "&destination=" + lat2 + " " +
lon2 + "&sensor=true";
        String tag[] = { "lat", "lng" };

        ArrayList<GeoPoint> list_of_geopoints = new ArrayList<GeoPoint>();
        HttpResponse response = null;
        try {
            HttpClient httpClient = new DefaultHttpClient();
            HttpContext localContext = new BasicHttpContext();
            String newurl = URLEncoder.encode(url, "UTF-8");
            String finalurl = hosturl + newurl;
            System.out.println(" Direction request going out:"+ finalurl);
            HttpPost httpPost = new HttpPost(finalurl);
            try{
            response = httpClient.execute(httpPost, localContext);
            }
            catch (Exception exc){
            System.out.println("IO Exeception in making direction request:
"+ exc.getMessage());
            //list_of_geopoints=null;
            return list_of_geopoints;
            }
            InputStream in = response.getEntity().getContent();
            DocumentBuilder builder =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
            Document doc = builder.parse(in);
            if (doc != null) {
                NodeList nl1, nl2, statusList;
                statusList = doc.getElementsByTagName("status");

when I print the status node, I get a REQUEST_DENIED.

I see that others have also posted the same but did not get any response.

I already have a key for my MAP API. However, I am not using the latest
Google Places API as I believe I do not need to. I am completely clueless.
I am making the app using Android 3.2 while running it on my HTC 1x which
uses 4.1.1

My Map rendering is working and so is also my location details. However I
am trying to show the direction btw 2 Geopoints.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 2 days of frustration - I am sure
it will be something very simple.

thanks
Sunny

---