Pretty much everything I've read about the drive api is samples, tips,
"best practices", etc.  What I'm looking to find is a full rundown of every
exception that might pop out of drive calls and what they mean.

Is it a connection issue?  An auth issue?  Is there a possibility that an
oauth token is stale, but will be refreshed and I can try the drive call
later, or explicitly refresh the token?  That kind of thing.  It all feels
kind of "loose".  Our calls happen in a background service, so I need to be
precise about what happened and what the user needs to do.  I don't want to
interpret an exception as if they logged out when we just need to wait for
a refresh.  I REALLY don't want to interpret a permanent issue as a
temporary networking problem.

Thoughts?  I can cobble together what I think is happening, but I can't
seem to find a detailed, explicit rundown of the api and its possible error
conditions.  It also appears that the source isn't available, which is
usually how I do these kinds of things.

The closest thing I found
was https://code.google.com/p/google-api-java-client/.  The source doesn't
seem to include drive, though.