> Have you thought that this could be a way of delving a bit deeper into the
> framework ? That, well, it's not the end result only but the search that
> matters ?

If that's the case, why are you asking a question here?
you already have the sources, go through them ... browse through all the
files (think of the Meme) and let us know what you found. And again, don't
forget to go through every possible ROM there is, just to make sure.

And again, as i pointed out (and Kostya reiterated), at least for android
4.2.2_r1, you'll never get a null. There we go - you academic endeavor is
complete.

I think i'll still skip the links, from my experience, i find that i code
much much faster if i say "fuck google" and instead of spending days
code-diving through their source code, i assume they fucked up and just
make sure my code is all safe and pretty.

Here, you can quote me on this:

> Using Android is like picking up a woman at a sleazy bar, you'd be better
> of putting on a rubber than trying to figure out her sexual history.

Piren, 2013.

On Monday, July 15, 2013 1:22:01 AM UTC+3, Palmer Eldritch wrote:

> Glad you agree with each other
>
> Have you thought that this could be a way of delving a bit deeper into the
> framework ? That, well, it's not the end result only but the search that
> matters ?
>
> And that maybe this way one writes code faster at the end cause one knows
> his/her way better ?
>
> No
>
> Receiving an object one hasn't the slightest idea about is apparently the
> android way - may be null or not - who cares as long as we can add an if
>
> Even in one of the most fundamental callbacks
>
> Maybe have a look at my links after all ?
>
> On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 3:46:41 PM UTC+3, Palmer Eldritch wrote:
>>
>> In other words :
>>
>>     @Override
>>     public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
>>         final String action = intent.getAction(); // can intent==null
>> here ?
>>     }
>>
>> I need to solve this once and for all so please no ifs and buts. I would
>> check for null but I suspect that it is not needed and therefore it is
>> clumsy and inelegant to check. I had searched in the docs but have not
>> found anything

---
"Android Developers" group.